The Compensation You Deserve
Orange County Burn Injury Attorneys
Protecting & Fighting for Victims of Burn Injuries in Southern California
There are three types of burns, and each one has its own unique characteristics. First-degree burns affect only the outer layer of skin. Second-degree burns affect the outer layer and the layer of skin underneath that. Third-degree burns are the most serious types of burns, which damage, and in some cases destroy, the deepest layer of skin and tissues underneath, requiring skin or synthetic grafts. If you have suffered a burn injury, seek help from our personal injury lawyers in Orange County.
Call The Law Offices of Joseph M. Tosti, APC today at (949) 245-6288 or contact us online to schedule a consultation with our burn injury attorney in Orange County.
Common Causes of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries can result from various circumstances, each presenting unique legal challenges. Understanding the common causes is crucial in determining liability and building a robust case for our clients. Among the leading causes of burn injuries are:
- Electrical Accidents: Faulty wiring, defective electrical products, or unsafe workplace conditions can lead to severe electrical burns.
- Chemical Exposure: Mishandling or negligence in handling hazardous substances can cause chemical burns, often seen in industrial settings.
- Workplace Accidents: Occupational hazards, lack of safety protocols, or employer negligence can contribute to burn injuries.
- Car Accidents: Motor vehicle collisions may result in fires, causing burns to occupants involved in the accident.
- Defective Products: Poorly designed or faulty products, such as appliances or electronics, can malfunction and cause burn injuries.
- Scalding: Hot liquids or steam can lead to scalding injuries, particularly in cases involving malfunctioning household appliances or unsafe premises.
Understanding the specific circumstances surrounding your burn injury is essential in crafting a tailored legal strategy to pursue the compensation you deserve.
Consequences Of Burn Injuries
Burns are serious catastrophic injuries that can have devastating consequences for the victims. These injuries can cause swelling, blistering, scarring, shock, and, in the most tragic of cases, even death. Since burn injuries damage the skin, burn victims are more susceptible to bacterial infections and sepsis, causing widespread infections that can lead to shock and organ failure. In addition, burn injuries can damage blood vessels and cause fluid loss, as well as softening muscles and tendons. Because these injuries are so serious, it is important to seek medical attention and the compensation you need and deserve. If your burn injuries were caused by someone else's negligence, you should seek assistance from a personal injury lawyer in Orange County.
What Damages Could Be Recovered in a Burn Injury Claim?
In burn injury cases, the damages that may be recovered encompass various aspects of the victim's life. Potential damages that could be recovered may include:
- Medical Expenses: Coverage for present and future medical treatments, surgeries, medications, and rehabilitation.
- Lost Wages: Compensation for the revenue lost during the recovery period, including potential future earnings if the injury diminishes work capacity.
- Pain and Suffering: Recognition of the physical and emotional distress endured by the victim because of the burn injury.
- Disfigurement: Compensation for any permanent scarring or disfigurement resulting from the burn injury.
- Property Damage: Reimbursement for personal property damaged in the incident, such as clothing or personal belongings.
What is the Statute of Limitations for a Burn Injury Claim in California?
Time is of the essence when pursuing a burn injury claim in California. The statute of limitations helps set the timeframe within which legal action must be initiated. In the state of California, the statute of limitations for personal injury, including burn injuries, is typically two years from the initial date of the injury.
However, exceptions could apply based on the circumstances surrounding the burn injury. For example, if the injury is not immediately apparent or is discovered later, the statute of limitations may be extended. Additionally, specific procedures and deadlines must be followed when the burn injury involves a government entity. It is crucial to consult with our Orange County burn injury lawyers promptly to ensure compliance with this timeframe and to allow adequate time for thorough case preparation.
Contact Our Orange County Burn Injury Lawyer Today
From ambulance bills to rehabilitative costs, suffering from a burn injury can lead to extensive medical expenses. To make matters worse, your injury may have eliminated your ability to work. If you believe your injuries were due to someone else's negligence, you should seek the assistance of The Law Offices of Joseph M. Tosti as soon as possible to discuss your options to pursue a fair settlement. Our firm has over 30 years of experience practicing personal injury law, and attorney Joseph M. Tosti is a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, meaning he has won over $1 million for clients in verdicts and settlements. Our highly experienced legal team is prepared to help you seek compensation for your medical bills, pain, suffering, loss of future wages, and more. Contact a personal injury lawyer in Irvine from our firm to learn more about your case today!
Contact The Law Offices of Joseph M. Tosti, APC, today to get started with our Orange County burn injury attorneys.
Advice & Guidance Invaluable
“Joe's advice and guidance, before, during, and after my bankruptcy were invaluable!”
“Kathe kept me abreast of the entire process and was very communicative.”
“It was a great experience for what it is, with everything completely done with out complications. Joe tosti law offices is honest , quality attorney.”